Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion detect cctv controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheldonstv

Heres part 1 (more to follow as soon as i get the schematics done and converted to pdf files)of my cctv controller.....its set up with 2 cameras and 2 pirs which together with the electronics automatically switch the video inputs to look at a specific camera for x amount of time when the cameras pir detects movement....the supply for each 4093 ic is-pin14 +12v,pin 7 ground

Attachments

• MOTION DETECT1.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
due to the way the pir scan counter works there is only 1 output active hi at any one time and i have tested the complete circuit for hazards and it works fine i havent yet managed to trigger both pirs at xactly the same time to cause that condition where both transistors are on together but obviously if you force both outputs hi both transistors will be ,on to overcome that situation if it did occur would mean a little more electronics but at the time i built it as simple as possible and it works well.....heres the second instalment more to come do try not to be too scared......

Attachments

• MOTION DETECT2.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Here is the pir scan schematic....very nearly done schematic wise now .....more to follow.....do not be scared!!!!

Attachments

• PIRSCAN.pdf
    7.5 KB · Views: 286
This is cool. It would work for our Digital Signage at the University.

kv:)

Last edited:
and what is yr"Digital Signage " then?????

and what is yr"Digital Signage " then?????

It's not my responsibiliy it's another department that's in charge of it. Sometimes we work together on projects.

There is LCD display's all over campus they advertise events, classes or what ever someone thinks is important. I thought maybe a Panel not currently experiencing movement shouldn't be powered up. Thus, aiding the panels life and reducing overall power consumption.

kv

Last edited:
Here is the pir scan schematic....very nearly done schematic wise now .....more to follow.....do not be scared!!!!

By the way failed to mention I like the cctv motion pdf. In my rooms we do recording and such as Professor and student's interact with each other in Video Teleconference Broadcasts. We have about 20 locations around the Valley that receive the Transmission during the daytime.

It's pretty expensive stuff and we need some camera's to cover movement and track the night classes when we have limited staff. Too many expensive computers and such available for the taking.

As soon as I'm done with other projects. I will begin to address these issue by installing security Camera's Covertly around sensitive area's. And this Thread will be in my Bookmarks for exploration.

Thanks for the Thread.

kv:)

Last edited:
well you can eaasily expand the system for as many cameras as you wish by changing the pir scan reset and the switcher reset and adding additional logic to control the relay driver board which can be easily expanded camera output wise too

heres another installment of this circuit.....more to follow(well power supply wise anyway....)DO NOT WHATEVER YOU DO BE SCARED OF IT!!!....

Attachments

• SWITCHER.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back