Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Richards

Hello all. I am thinking of creating a pistol motion controller that I could hook up to my raspberry pi to program a game. I don't know how to create the aiming system and hit indicator. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks.

controller that I could hook up to my raspberry pi to program a game

Do you want to use a controller exclusively on RPi or do you want to make a HID device?

I don't know if you are aware of how this type of controllers work.
If you are referring to old school NES pistol like this:
NES-zapper[1].jpg
This one has nothing to do with motion it's just a cheap trick of receiving the light from the screen.

If you are referring to PS Move controllers from Sony these are in fact motion controllered system and they require much more effort.

You firstly need to attach and utilize gyroscope sensor to be able to get the current "global" rotation values on all three axes.

Then you need to start tracking the change of this rotation in relation with the screen.

It's a lot of work.

Could you describe the physical system you have in mind and how it would be used more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back