Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET and general package information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Davis

Hi all,

I'm trying to fix an AEM EMS fuel injection computer. Well, one of several I've been through, they are a little fragile. So far I've had good results cross referrencing/upgrade parts, but I'm having a little quirk with replacing the coil drivers. The OE part is a TO-251 package, has the Fairchild "F" logo and markings "N342AB" and "12N6LE." So far so good, I can find plenty of results in the TO-251AA package and order up more; logic level N-FET 12A and I'm ASSuming 60V.

I go to install the parts today and my anal retentive streak pops up, so I ohm out the board first. The gate on the replacement part would be connected to the output??

I'm wondering if the -AB in N342AB means it's a TO-251AB package, with an alternate pinout? I've looked around a bit and can't find anything concrete on the TO-251 outline/package, can anyone direct me to a resource for such information?

Last edited:
Alright, I answered my own questions by comparing to a known working unit, and more searching. There is only one TO-251 three lead component pinout, and I need to reverse the whole circuit with an open textbook next to me to elevate my caveman level understanding of FETs.

Thanks to those that looked!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back