Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

more questions about asm code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a special screwdriver I use for lots of stuff, it's a cheap short 1" Philips head on one side and a 4" long flat head on the other. I have the flat head filed down and thin'd out to the point where it will remove about 90% of all philips or flat head screws on devices I take apart. It's also very useful for removing IC similar to the pen method, though a little more control.
Two things. One, don't lift one end fully out, just lift it slightly, do the other side them repeat until they're all up or you'll bend the legs.
Two. NEVER EVER try to remove an IC from a breadboard with your fingers =O It always works and it also almost always causes the IC to flip over and penetrate your fingers.. I've done this twice, I use a screwdrive and patients all the time now, ever time I look at one of those suckers I get a shiver down my spine remembering the first four legs of a 14 pin DIP going into my thumb.

With me the first few times were a light mark, the last time it ached for 3 days. That was enough for me =O

it must had penetrated deep and i dont want that to ever happen to me. i hate the pain associated with being pierced in my thumb

I think we have all suffered the chip in thumb/finger pain. The only worse thing is stepping on a dropped chip with bare feet. You only do that once.:eek:

Mike.

haha you must have done something very bad to be punished like that

Last edited:
You can do the bread board with a pen but that don't work on a ic socket got to use the screwdriver. And don't it feel good using you hand as a ic socket.?

OUCH! ive dont that also. Felt like a tiny vampire bit me in the finger. lol

For sockets i do use the smallest flat head screwdriver i own.

i ran into some prob about the first code. leds do not turn on after pressing key in the keyboard using hyperterminal. after i removed the serial cable from the pc, while circuit was still powered up, then the leds would show or light up. is this a oscillator issue? i used tx and the caps are 10pf. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back