Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentary on/off relay, control of remote amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyone

Gday all,

I'm seeking some assistance with a small project I have, I'm fairly experienced in electronic's however my design experience is very limited.

I currently have my main HT reciever which has zones out connected to a remote power amp to drive speakers for different rooms for playing Music.

I have set up my main amp that when i switch on Zone 4 in this case, this will use one of the recievers triggered outputs on, which is 12V dc perminately high.

What i need for the secondary amp is a relay/switch circuit for a momentary short across the power switch, this i have achieved and works fine.

However why i'm here is I would also like it to momentarily short the power switch, thus turning seconday amp off (stby) when the 12V trigger is removed. (ie. turn zone 4 off on main amp)

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly apprieciated.

Regards
Rustyone

Last edited:
So when the main HT turns off the 12V signal is removed and you want that to trigger a brief short to the power switch connection on the secondary amplfier? Can you use the same circuit you did for the other momentary short, they sound the same. Or did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back