Momentary on/off relay, control of remote amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyone

Gday all,

I'm seeking some assistance with a small project I have, I'm fairly experienced in electronic's however my design experience is very limited.

I currently have my main HT reciever which has zones out connected to a remote power amp to drive speakers for different rooms for playing Music.

I have set up my main amp that when i switch on Zone 4 in this case, this will use one of the recievers triggered outputs on, which is 12V dc perminately high.

What i need for the secondary amp is a relay/switch circuit for a momentary short across the power switch, this i have achieved and works fine.

However why i'm here is I would also like it to momentarily short the power switch, thus turning seconday amp off (stby) when the 12V trigger is removed. (ie. turn zone 4 off on main amp)

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly apprieciated.

Regards
Rustyone

Last edited:
So when the main HT turns off the 12V signal is removed and you want that to trigger a brief short to the power switch connection on the secondary amplfier? Can you use the same circuit you did for the other momentary short, they sound the same. Or did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…