Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modifying laptop touchpad to make usb powered for desktop pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How difficult would something like this be? Basically want a seperate USB powered touchpad, but I have an old laptop, with one of these in it... if I could modify it to work on my desktop it would save me some money. I need it for a specific project which has little space for moving your hand around, and also little space for storage.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

EDIT: even PS/2 is fine, check this link:

**broken link removed** (goto page 27)

Does this make sense? Can I just connect the wires from the touchpad straight to a PS2 plug with the correct pinouts as in the table... or do I need to build a circuit with ic's/resistors etc from inbetween?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back