Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modify FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

seramaech

I have an AKG K910 wireless headphone and I'm bugged by how bulky its transmitter is, considering it has to be plugged in. I'm wondering if I could modify an FM transmitter (usually used for in-car audio) to transmit the same frequency as the AKG transmitter so I could use the headphones with any mp3 player even when I don't have the factory transmitter. Here's the specs for both the headphone and transmitter:

System Performance
Modulation: FM
Carrier Frequency Band: 864MHz (LPD Band) or 916MHz
Selectable carrier frequencies: 1: 863.5/915.5MHz
2: 864.0/916.0MHz
3: 864.5/916.5MHz

T910 Transmitter
Max. radiated power: 10mW ERP
Max Range (free field): 916MHz: Approx 30m
864MHz: Approx 100m

K910 Headphones
Power Supply: 2x 1.2v 550mAh AAA size
Frequency Range: 18Hz - 20 000 Hz
Max SPL: ~105dB SPL

The transmitter has three frequency switches to which the headphone can autotune into. So far, all of the market FM transmitter available broadcasts at around 87.5 - 107.5MHz
(I don't know much so I hope everyone understands)

EDIT: I may have found what I'm lookig for. Thanks JimB!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I could modify an FM transmitter (usually used for in-car audio) to transmit the same frequency as the AKG transmitter
The quick simple answer is no.

The longer, more detailed answer is no, it would be easier to build a new transmitter from scratch.
However, the new transmitter would be on 800/900Mhz, this is not a trivial task, especially for someone who says:
I don't know much
Not trying to be sarky, but that is the truth of it.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back