Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melita56

I wish to build a model that has one or two small tv like screens, to add some interest, i thought, can i use old mobile phone screens, and feed them from another hidden device !, my question is, Can i use a mobile phone screen in this way ? can i feed the screen a loop from a small device, any help will be greatly appreciated !

Yes you can but you need to provide more information if you want help.

Mike.

Thanks for the link, and thank you for the quick reply, i am now more motivated to proceed with my project !
I have a load of Arduino bits sitting around doing nothing, i may have just found a use for some of them !

Phone screens are not necessarily ideal, unless you can find the technical data and suitable connectors for them.
Small LCD/TFT displays are cheap, and tiny OLED displays even cheaper.

This is an article I did last year, an adaption of someone else's project using slightly different parts. The same hardware could run two different simulated video displays at acceptable framerates, or more if you do not mind the same image on more than one display. The cost it somewhere between £15 - £20 or so depending where you get the parts.

i have found these screens online for a few euros, i can work out the connections and run a loop through them, now i hope my modelling skills are still as good as they were 40 years ago !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back