Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modbus termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_B

Hello everyone,

I have a Modbus network that I need to terminate and have what I see as different set of instructions. Do the termination methods shown in the two pictures differ or do I not understand the schematics?
Specifically the 120R in one diagram it is connected directly to the terminals and in the other it is connected in series with two other resistors.

Thanks

Attachments

• modbus_termination.png
    modbus_termination.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 102
  • PDFXCview_2018-07-23_21-25-37.png
    PDFXCview_2018-07-23_21-25-37.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Look again. They're the same but the first picture is needlessly confusing.

Also, on some PLCs, the termination network is integral to the master so the user only has to add the 120Ω terminator at the end of the slave chain.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. You are absolutely right and I finally got it.
Yes the master is has a jumper to terminate it and I will read a bit more to understand that bit too.

Attachments

• PDFXCview_2018-07-23_23-06-13.png
    PDFXCview_2018-07-23_23-06-13.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back