Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modbus protocol for industries application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modbus is an industry standard... If a device has a PLC then it will probably have a Modbus interface.. You can query devices via Modbus and then read / write to specific registers... This way you can control the device even if you only have a basic knowledge of the system....

Canbus is slowly taking over as it has better distance coverage and device properties...

I have tried Modbus and Canbus…. I think Modbus is out of date and too constrictive..

Modbus is an industry standard... If a device has a PLC then it will probably have a Modbus interface.. You can query devices via Modbus and then read / write to specific registers... This way you can control the device even if you only have a basic knowledge of the system....

Canbus is slowly taking over as it has better distance coverage and device properties...

I have tried Modbus and Canbus…. I think Modbus is out of date and too constrictive..
What do you think how Gill Sense work, what data we will get on cloud?

This device is a graphical "upfront" display... All the utilities it is reading will have to have "Smart" sensors attached to them.. Ie.. one sensor to monitor each utility.. Then they connect to the device then this information is stored on a cloud.. You will be able to access this data via computer and mobile phone etc.. The data will be as described in the article...

if two machines have different company drives then in that case how it works?
Remember the article describes "compatible devices" so I don't expect any device to work... There will be limitations...

Modbus is a standard comms protocol, it can operate on serial or network connections.
However the protocol uses registers and 'coils', the way data is stored depends on how the programmer defined the system.
Not sure how this gizmo you mention is able to deal with this, unless you have to spend a lot of time setting it up.

Thread restarted by a spammer, since deleted.
Thread locked.
JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back