Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

moc3051 vs PC817 opto-isolaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I need a moc3051 but, I can only find a PC817 or related in LTspice, I need a non-zero cross.

My question is can I drive a Triac in my simulation with the Transistor I'm using 2n222 to drive moc3051.

Thanks,

kv

hi kv,
This zip has the 4N27 and 4N35 opto coupler data for LTSpice, also a example asc file.
The 4N35 is close enough to stand in for a MOC3051.
The 4N35h ,hierarchical is included, so you can modify that to Sim a MOC3051 if required.

E

Attachments

• kv_opto1.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 213
  • A01.gif
    A01.gif
    68.7 KB · Views: 285
  • A03.gif
    A03.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 267
Deleted Duplicated!

The Site is having another nervous breakdown.:troll:

Last edited:
hi kv,
This zip has the 4N27 and 4N35 opto coupler data for LTSpice, also a example asc file.
The 4N35 is close enough to stand in for a MOC3051.
The 4N35h ,hierarchical is included, so you can modify that to Sim a MOC3051 if required.

E

I think I can Modify the 4n35h, I had a circuit designed about 30 years ago, it could detect water and run a Triac to power motors, buzzers, light etc. But while it was designed to do that it also had resistor circuits that would run IR detector that would sense when a device needed cleaning, lint etc. In this case I would like to put a Photo detector circuit in to turn on and off the 2n222 and run the Triac.

Thanks for the help @erigibbs, your alway's a big help.

kv:)

Edit: Oh, yeah. BTW I started a Thread "Smoker Circuit Design" on AAC but am thinking of doing one hear as I go along. I need the Photodetectors on the Vent Stack.

Last edited:
Found this one the in the forum that would closely match what I'm doing, maybe I can modify this one.

kv

Attachments

• Dimmer6.asc
    3 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
hi kv,
I guess you have the *.lib files for the snubber, triac and lamp models.?
I do no not have those models.

E

I'm not sure if they are in here, but you helped someone in another Thread sometime ago and he put a few files in this zipped folder. I'm still learning LTspice, and not sure what you need.

Thanks for the help.

kv

Attachments

• Dimmer6.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 213
hi kv,
I downloaded your zip and extracted the files you need to RUN dimmer6.asc [ also in the zip]

For now keep all the unzipped files in the same folder

E

Attachments

• kv2.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 207
  • A01.gif
    A01.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips