moc3051 vs PC817 opto-isolaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I need a moc3051 but, I can only find a PC817 or related in LTspice, I need a non-zero cross.

My question is can I drive a Triac in my simulation with the Transistor I'm using 2n222 to drive moc3051.

Thanks,

kv

hi kv,
This zip has the 4N27 and 4N35 opto coupler data for LTSpice, also a example asc file.
The 4N35 is close enough to stand in for a MOC3051.
The 4N35h ,hierarchical is included, so you can modify that to Sim a MOC3051 if required.

E

Attachments

• kv_opto1.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 223
  • A01.gif
    68.7 KB · Views: 294
  • A03.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 281
Deleted Duplicated!

The Site is having another nervous breakdown.

Last edited:
hi kv,
This zip has the 4N27 and 4N35 opto coupler data for LTSpice, also a example asc file.
The 4N35 is close enough to stand in for a MOC3051.
The 4N35h ,hierarchical is included, so you can modify that to Sim a MOC3051 if required.

E

I think I can Modify the 4n35h, I had a circuit designed about 30 years ago, it could detect water and run a Triac to power motors, buzzers, light etc. But while it was designed to do that it also had resistor circuits that would run IR detector that would sense when a device needed cleaning, lint etc. In this case I would like to put a Photo detector circuit in to turn on and off the 2n222 and run the Triac.

Thanks for the help @erigibbs, your alway's a big help.

kv

Edit: Oh, yeah. BTW I started a Thread "Smoker Circuit Design" on AAC but am thinking of doing one hear as I go along. I need the Photodetectors on the Vent Stack.

Last edited:
Found this one the in the forum that would closely match what I'm doing, maybe I can modify this one.

kv

Attachments

• Dimmer6.asc
    3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
hi kv,
I guess you have the *.lib files for the snubber, triac and lamp models.?
I do no not have those models.

E

I'm not sure if they are in here, but you helped someone in another Thread sometime ago and he put a few files in this zipped folder. I'm still learning LTspice, and not sure what you need.

Thanks for the help.

kv

Attachments

• Dimmer6.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 222
hi kv,
I downloaded your zip and extracted the files you need to RUN dimmer6.asc [ also in the zip]

For now keep all the unzipped files in the same folder

E

Attachments

• kv2.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 217
  • A01.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…