Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile's position

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu4684

Sir,
I want to know whether it's possible to know the mobile phone's place or position or detect the called subscriber's place by means of any electronic circuit. If any please let me know.

No.

Not unless you have access to the mobile phone company's wireless network to get signal strengths of that call from their towers... and there's no way you could get that kind of access unless you worked at the phone company and did that sort of thing for your job, and even then, you'd probably be fired if they found out you were trying to track mobile phone users for your own purposes :lol:

If the phone is equipped with a GPS then the phone would know where it is - and could report the position automatically or when queried if properly equipped and configured. I think there are some phones/systems that have this feature now. I know there is some interest in this for emergency calls and locating a caller.

Some ham radio operators have had these systems in place for some time on tranceivers - that either automatically report last known GPS position or respond to queries by the base station.

As already mentioned - the cell phone provider's equipment knows which cell you are connected to at any given moment but that information is unlikely to be made available to anyone other than law enforcement. That would only get you close - within a few blocks possibly. Additional measures would have to be taken to be more precise.

There are ways, but unless you have a few hundred thousand pounds spare to buy the equipment I will not explain. The basic answer is No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back