Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile phone's mini USB headset connection diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

Hi

Does anyone have any ideas how the mini-USB headset that comes with most many mobile phone interfaces with the phone? Is it a simple wiring, or are there some chips inside the headset?

I found the my phone (Acer F900, a Windows Mobile phone) 's USB headset volume level is too soft. I tried to use a Motorola USB headset whose connector looks exactly the same, but it did not work - the phone did not recognize the USB headset and still played audio via loudspeaker.

I also found a USB to 3.5mm converter at a local electronics shop. However, when I used this with my 3.5mm headset, the phone still did not recognize the headset:

**broken link removed**

This converter also did not work on my old Dopod phone. However, using the same Dopod phone, about a year ago, I found the following converter that could actually work (e.g. the phone recognized the headset and audio is played properly):

**broken link removed**

However, I can't find that converter anymore.

Any ideas what's the difference that makes USB headset from one phone incompatible with other phones? Also what is the difference between the 2 converters such that one works and the other doesn't?

Thanks a lot for any hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back