Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile phone rings, Speakers buzz, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megamox

Whenever my mobile phone rings and im next to the stereo speakers, they buzz and get interfered with, hows that work?

Thanks in advance.

Megamox

Mobile phones produce a LOT of radio waves that get convetered back in to electrical power the amp stage of the your radio,TV or what ever thinks its a signal and puts it to the speakers whith make the beaping sound

Oh an did you ever see those Stickers for mobile phones that blink wen someone calls you and wen you sedn meseges.

That sticker picks up the radio waves and there strong enugh to light a LED or two.

So the mobile signal affects the stereo which then affects the speakers, and doesnt affect the speakers themselves?

Megamox

If i want to interfere with speakers, which are about 1-2 feet away, is there anything i can do. Got a noisy neighbour!

Thanks

Megamox

Shure an E-Bomb and you will fry all electronics miles around! :twisted: (A joke)

You can try to transmit your voice whith an mini FM transmiter over the station your neigbur is listening to.So insted of the radio station he will hear you on the radio.(If he is listening to CDs or tapes this wont work)

To do it the same way an mobile phone dose you wod neead an realy big radio transmiter that wod get you in a LOT of truble

The fool prof way: Go there whith an 10kg hamer and smah the crap out of his radio.

Megamox said:
If i want to interfere with speakers, which are about 1-2 feet away, is there anything i can do. Got a noisy neighbour!

I wouldn't have thought so, and doing so would render you liable to presecution, rather than your neighbour!.

Have you tried reporting him?, recent legislation means they can be evicted for causing a noise problem - in fact we lost one of our Ju Jitsu students last week, his family was thrown out of their home for being too noisey!.

Ive been over loads of times, he's just not from this planet i think heh!

Just wanted to hook up something simple to annoy him, considering his speaker is so close to my wall. He's playing a CD so the transmitting over it wont work. There must be something i could rig up just to mess with him a little.. any ideas??

Megamox

If the stereo is rely close to the wall. and your on the other side and the walls are thin you cod call a free number on your cell phone and put it on the wall.

Meaby the cell phone will be enugh to jam it

ahh cool. Well once i was using my hand crank dynamo next to it and i think it affected it, i heard crackling. Thought i could rig up something like that, drive it with a motor perhaps.

I didnt know that.

Conect an electromagnet to an batery and make sparks on the batery terminal.That makes qite some radio waves in a wide band.

So how much energy does a cell phone have to send to make all this stereo noise? Most say 8.25mW. :?

I has to be more since the closest radio tower here is 2,5km from here and my cell phone works fine (8mW is NOT enugh for that distance)

DigiTan said:
So how much energy does a cell phone have to send to make all this stereo noise? Most say 8.25mW. :?

That seems rather a random figure?.

Modern cell phones output something like 4W to 5W, but their design turns the power down in a strong signal area, so they only output the minimum amount of power required to work.

This is for a couple of main reasons, firstly to reduce battery consumption, secondly to reduce damage to your brain as you have it stuck right next to your ear :lol:

Heh heh. Seems random but isn't. I rechecked that figure and it was a minimum output for a voice-data phone instead of the max. 'Didn't seem like like 8.25mW could the job even with strong cell receivers. So what exactly is being transmitted in these bursts you can hear through the stereo? The SCM I keep reading about?

Whats transmited?

Your voice digitaly(GSM protocol),SMS and MMS meseges,GPRS,UMTS.Your number from the SIM card (so that the operator knows who to send the bill)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back