Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mitsumi m49sp-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira_gr

Hi i'm new to this forum and i am looking for the pinouts of the stepping motor m49sp-1. the datasheet says nothing about it. please help

Attachments

• Mitsumi m49sp-1 wiring.gif
    Mitsumi m49sp-1 wiring.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 11,200
  • Mitsumi m49sp-1 wiring.pdf
    240.5 KB · Views: 4,040
thank for the answer. one more question since i am a bit confused as i am not very familiar with stepping motors. i measuerd the coils and the resistance is near 30 ohms so far so good. from an older datasheet i have it says its a unipolar motor and i need a fifth pin for the 12v supply but there is no fifth pin. does this mean that the motor is a bipolar stepper motor? aslo i noticed that the excitation method is a 2-2 phase unipolar driver. so do i need a unipolar driver or a bipolar?

thanks again for the help

Hello , I've just registered on this site ...i have several MITSUMI stepper motor ...and I'm searching for a simple controller and how to connect to the circuit...
Please help...THANKS..........

I found the info but, I can not answer your Questions. I simply don't know the answers.

If it only has 4 wires it's bipolar, and would require a bipolar driver.

Please also suggest any driver to control this motor

Hi!
I have recovered this motor(m49sp-1) from an hp laser printer.
I found the data sheet . thanks,

also please someone suggest the driver to control it (by pc or manual)

Thanks JimB,

Can you tell me where do I find this IC, I a just poor in chips, I have searched for the printer board's schematic but failed.

Please help.

Presumably the motor was connected to the circuit board in the printer, follow the traces from the connector on the circuit board and most of them will connect to an IC.
Make a not of the number of the IC and look up its datasheet.

I recently did something like this with a stepper motor from a flatbed scanner.
Once I had identified the motor driver and understood the datasheet, I cut off the corner of the circuit board with the IC and wired it up to my PIC development board.

JimB

Well, easy eh?

Now, study the datasheet for the mtd2003 and have a look at the typical applications (if there are any) and compare with what is on the printer circuit board.
If you are lucky, you will be able to cut the section of the board which has the mtd2003 and associated components and use that for your experiments rather than having to create the motor driver from scratch.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back