Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Misuse of PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi all,

I just received an email claiming an unpaid article (not specified).

To react on the mail the following link was displayed:

http://www.payment-claim.paypal-au.com ...

The sender address was identified to be false to be used for phishing.

Be careful.

Boncuk

Hi all,

I just received an email claiming an unpaid article (not specified).

To react on the mail the following link was displayed:

http://www.payment-claim.paypal-au.com ...

The sender address was identified to be false to be used for phishing.

Be careful.

Boncuk

hi Hans,
Have you reported that 'fraud claim' to the Pay-Pal security section.?
IIRC somewhere on their website is a link.

I get so many of these fishers I don't even report them all anymore, it would take an hour each day. Always saying "your account will be deleted, log in now (link to fake page trying to get my login)" or "your account is overdrawn! (similar link)" I wish these A** H#$(s and all the other junk mailers and ebay scammers would get a job instead of trying to scam people for a living.

Why bother with earning an honest living. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king!

I get so many of these fishers I don't even report them all anymore, it would take an hour each day. Always saying "your account will be deleted, log in now (link to fake page trying to get my login)" or "your account is overdrawn! (similar link)" I wish these A** H#$(s and all the other junk mailers and ebay scammers would get a job instead of trying to scam people for a living.

Bad idea, that means them working and someone to supervise them to ensure they dont get up to no good...

They should be elect***ted or ga$$ed....:D

Last edited:

I never even open them, just delete them unopened.

I never get them. Never had a paypal account and no intention of getting one.

Mike.

I never get them. Never had a paypal account and no intention of getting one.

Mike.

PayPal is normally a reliable way to pay via internet. I don't possess "plastic money" since I'd have to travel to Germany to show up in person to get a credit card.

Being a "farang" (non asian) you won't be able to obtain a credit card in Thailand (unless you have good friends who made their fortune with the last tsunami, wishing another one to come soon).

500 Mio € were paid from the German government for the hotel owners whose hotels were washed into the indian ocean. According to my information 30,000€ were actually paid to those people. The 'leftover' disappeared in some dark canals, having created some millionairs in Thailand. :mad:

Boncuk

My email junk filters run about 50:1 over my regular email that does get through the filter.
And what does get to me still has about a 10:1 real Vs junk ratio. I just dump and forget.
At nearly a 500:1 garbage to useful ratio I dont have the time or the want to look through and check if any ones real stuff gets trapped in the primary filters as well.

Last edited:
It's normally fairly obvious they're phishers.

Wave the mouse over the link and an obscure address will display in your browser's status bar rather than ebay's real address.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is obvious, it just makes me really mad because they prey on people who aren't as aware of this stuff just so they can be lazy. It usually only works on old people, or in my uncle's case, mentally handicapped people. Whoever tries to earn their living by being a useless leach like this should be sentenced to work in a hard labor camp until they've earned the amount they took, at minimum wage, so it can be repaid to the victem. (which fits about right with Madof's 150 year sentence :D)

Last edited:
I know it sounds elitist but sometimes I wish there was an Internet driving license which would put an end to this kind of thing.

Great! Another bureaucracy to administer yet another type of license. I'm kinda fed up with that approach.

unfortunately there is no efficient way to make people stop being A-holes. It's like trying to block up a river, everywhere you block it, it takes another route, and you spend more and more time maintaining it.

I license would stop the a-holes who wouldn't get the license and make people less vulnerable by educating them.

I agree with Papabravo though, a licensing scheme would be totally impractical and unworkable.

I agree with Pommie. I am no fan of Paypal, and have no need for their service, or lack thereof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back