Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Miniature smoke machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ronv - I guess you used a lot of oil... hahaha... I think only a few drops of it will be needed every once in a while... would you be so kind to post a picture or a diagram how you did the heating???

Smoke

@ronv - I guess you used a lot of oil... hahaha... I think only a few drops of it will be needed every once in a while... would you be so kind to post a picture or a diagram how you did the heating???
Well, More is better???:eek:

Pretty straight forward for the "drop" test. 2 10 ohm 2 watt resistors across a 12 volt power supply. The spec sheet for the resistors says 65 degree C per watt temperature rise. That would put the temperature at about 450 F, although I'm not sure I left them on long enough to get that hot. When I shut it off the solder on the leads broke so the temperature ther would have been 360 - 375 F. Not sure how much smoke you need but here is a picture.

Attachments

• smoke.JPG
    smoke.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 198
nice... thanks...
So one end of the resistor is connect to the positive side of the batter while the other is to the negative, right???
Yes, In this case it was a little 12 volt power supply, but yes same for a battery. Is that enough smoke?

I have not seen the actual amount of smoke produced. But based on the image, it will not suffice... but like what you said, you used too much oil... maybe a few drops will result to a better mass...

If you look real close at the picture you can see a "whiff" of smoke from a "drop" of oil. I don't think we are going to get there from here with a little 9 voly battery. Have you considered dry ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back