Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Milwaukee Circular Saw MOSFET Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDoug

Hi,

I've recently bought a non working Milwaukee 18V cordless circular saw. I took a chance when I bought it knowing there was a possibility I wouldn't be able to repair it, but I like a challenge so I bought it anyways.

I took the saw apart and found two components on the board that have failed, which I later found out are MOSFETs. I guess my biggest question is- what would cause this to fail? And if I replace it, will it fail again? Also, are there any other parts I need to replace along with them?

I did a quick google search with the writing on the MOSFET, which reads "F1404ZS". I've found two similar parts and need to know which ones will be the best option for me. There are two differences I see between them: Current-Continuous Drain and VGs (Max). Below is a link two the parts I have found:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/discrete-semiconductor-products/transistors-fets-mosfets-single/278?k=F1404ZS&k=&pkeyword=F1404ZS&sv=0&pv7=2&pv1989=0&sf=0&quantity=&ColumnSort=0&page=1&pageSize=25

The two parts I have listed are made by Infineon, are there other brands I should be looking at? I didn't know how to filter down my options, because there are a lot of numbers and information on these MOSFETs and I really don't know what most of it means.

I have also attached some photos of the broken part. The writing reads F1404ZS, International Rectifier Logo, 016P, TC, 3W

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 216
Sorry, didn't update this thread because nobody replied. I bought a replacement MOSFET and got the saw running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back