Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Migrate programfrom a PIC16f628 to a PIC16f628a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry yes you are right that is correct and it is connected
1 OUTPUT 2 -tive 3 +tive
as per datasheet
My humble apologies for that typo

Allen,

I'm sorry I can't help you out with Nigel's code. However, I did throw together a program for a 16F1823, a TSOP4838, and a serial LCD that seems to work well. The IR decoder "data" pin is connected to RA2 and the LCD interface is connected to the RA0(TX) pin.

Good luck on your project. PM me if you'd like to discuss building a new program for the 16F628A.

Cheerful regards, Mike

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that Mikek8lh I didnt just want them to "print out " on an LCD I already have the codes I need to be able to utilizr the button function to turn seperate bits of the port on and off (preferably momentary) independently of one another. I only have 628a`s and 84a pics at my disposal for this.I know there re receivers out there based on a 12f629 but they only have three outputs i reallyneed a minimum of 6 .. 7 would be nice 8 would be spot on. So you can probably sort of see my problem that using one with 3 outputs would mean using three of them chewing valuable board space away..
Many thanks

Allen

Ok thanks for that Mikek8lh I didnt just want them to "print out " on an LCD I already have the codes I need to be able to utilizr the button function to turn seperate bits of the port on and off (preferably momentary) independently of one another. I only have 628a`s and 84a pics at my disposal for this.
I understand you're using a 16F628A and that you want to toggle or pulse the outputs. I simply used the 16F1823 board because it was handy and would allow me to write and debug a proof of concept program in less than an hour.

I know there re receivers out there based on a 12f629 but they only have three outputs i reallyneed a minimum of 6 .. 7 would be nice 8 would be spot on. So you can probably sort of see my problem that using one with 3 outputs would mean using three of them chewing valuable board space away..

Sorry, I don't understand your problem. What do you mean by "momentary outputs"? You should probably tell us what you're trying to accomplish. For example, if you simply intend to drive eight relays, then a 12F629 driving an 8-bit serial-to-parallel sinking relay driver IC might be a viable solution.

Again, you're welcome to PM me if you're interested in a custom program for a 16F628A that matches your requirements.

Cheerful regards, Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back