Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MIDI to CV thats EZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

natbit

Hi everyone, I was looking at making a simple MIDI to CV convertor for with my old synth [KAWAI 100F] using a 16F84a and DAC0800 and was looking for some neat sugestions other than going for more bits...the synth itself requires a simple linear -0.11 V/note response from 3.6 V -> 0, easy enough, when inactive though it is -12 V -read from synth...my question is 1) how can i breadboard a circuit that will switch from ~-12V to the required note when active? AND 2) Is -12 V really necessary? *I have synth circuit - CV input goes to PC741C opamp/comparator * and so how can a pot be placed there somewhere to vary that 'inactive' CV whilst/during breadboarding? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back