Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microsoft is 30 years old??

Status
Not open for further replies.
francebabegirl said:
WOW-Time moves fast eh?
My OLD 486 pc died about 1.5 years ago. It was the leading edge when it was new and lasted 12 years before its replacement (slightly used) hard drive failed. My NEW pc is very much better (remember DOS and an old 14.4 modem?) and costed a lot less money.

I guess it must be fun when you are a billionare.
I would know and I don't care since there are too many zeros in a billion dollars. I am having lots of fun by saving money and penny-pinching whenever I can. Lots of other people's mistakes are free.

Your babegirl's link doesn't work.

audioguru said:
...(remember DOS and an old 14.4 modem?) and costed a lot less money.

I knew DOS was on its way out when Microsoft removed gorillas.bas from the later releases!

BEWARE

I downloaded a FREE modern windows version of Gorilla.
A year later, I found out it had a password grabber in it !!!!!

I still have a running XT 286 running DOS 5.1 Qbasic, gorilla, frogger, and space invaders on it. As I have no room in the garage for it, it is still in the House.

30 years old huh. And the OS still crashes... I guess we are all suckers to, we keep buying it..

The new version of windows will not load most programs as the installers are 16 bit and it is 64 bit and they seem to have dropped the 16 bit part.

FYI: I have a mono toshiba 3100 (286) still monitoring AC, moisture and temp in a computer room.

My earliest was a PC XT my father bought in 1984... It ran a german version of MS DOS 3.1 and had an ebglish version of MS DOS 2.1

HDD = 20MB (15 in bad sectors now :cry:)
FDD= 5 1/2"
RAM=640Kb
Processor=80186

I learnt all my initial computing on this machine. So I definitely have better insight than many of those who started with win 95.

Those who learnt computers from UNIX and tty are greater gods :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back