Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microsoft Healt Care system.

Select on of the following choices for health care

• I want Bill Gates Health Care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want US Goverment Health Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Microsoft Health Care system.

Just for fun

Given a choice between one run by goverment or Bill Gates who would you choose. Given the choice between the two which would you choose.

The 3rd option is not to vote..

3v0

Last edited:
The government: better than one run by a company that just wants to make a quick buck.

Government (I voted)
I can just see a Bill Gates health care operating system dialog box:
Your illness has generated an illegal exception in 0x1A5C78E98FE1
please exit the hospital and call 911 again.
Abort Retry Die

Government (I voted)
I can just see a Bill Gates health care operating system dialog box:
Your illness has generated an illegal exception in 0x1A5C78E98FE1
please exit the hospital and call 911 again.
Abort Retry Die

That would give a new meaning to BSOD.

If I'm lying on the hospital bed on life support the last thing I want the doctor to say is "switch him off at the wall, wait 30 seconds then turn him back on."

I am not surprised at the responses so far.

But if you compare how often the government screws up vrs Microsoft there should at least be some consideration given to Microsoft.

As I see it with the government in charge they will waste all the money. With Microsoft in charge at least if you needed care, a lack of money could not be given as a cause.

3v0

Yes, Governments do waste money sometimes. Corporations also waste tons of money too, but the public rarely sees it because these things aren't under the public microscope like a government is. The recent bank bail out has brought the typical corporate waste (CEO bonuses; aka rip offs) to light.
That would give a new meaning to BSOD.
And it wouldn't be a FreeBSD either. LOL!

Don't think there would be a huge difference, they both have no problem taking a lot of money from people who can't afford it, and give it to people who don't really need it. More than willing to spend millions on a dream, but reluctant to spend money where it matters most. The average customer gets put on hold, until the customer service representative remembers you're there, and haven't hung in frustration, a large business or company gets someone sent over with in the hour...

I think I'd be willing to give someone like Bill a shot at running the country, or anybody who has run a successful business for that matter. Maybe Gates and Obama can get together over a beer (maybe not, Bill just got a new liver), and switch places for a few months. Doubt he could do any worse...

It is easy to think of what Bill Gates would do for health care based on how we feel about windows.

Now try to imagine what the PC OS would look like if government had taken control of it back in the days of MSDOS ?

Does Bill still look like the worst choice ?

3v0

BSOD and DOS jokes aside.

What you currently have in the US is close to what healthcare would be like if it were provided by Microsoft, overpriced and not great.

We all know that government healthcare isn't perfect but at least it's accessible to all. There seems to be a lot of propaganda in the US about how bad a universal healthcare would be.

There is a lot of propaganda regarding the health care system in the US being bad and inaccessible. There are problems but they are somewhat over stated.

Anyone can walk into an emergency room in the US and get health care. They may try to collect fee's after the fact but can not refuse treatment. If you have little or no income you qualify for medicare and medicaid. The rich, poor, and special need cases are covered by the system.

There are hospitals where low income people can have the bills paid for by foundations and grants. But you have to make the effort to use the right hospital.

When the government takes over it might be more uniform but we will all get an equal share of less.

It will also be used by the government to extract more money from the population. It is well know in the US that anything done by the governemt cost twice as much as in the private sector.

One could make the argument that the goverment is at least in part to blame for the current problems. It made the rules that have caused the problems. Why not fix the existing problems ?

3v0

Last edited:
It is well know in the US that anything done by the governemt cost twice as much as in the private sector.
We've had this discussion before.

All I can say it that doesn't explain why healthcare in other countries with a high level of government involvement is so much cheaper than in the US.

Last edited:
Why do people differentiate between the government and large corporations? They are one in the same.

The government made the rules based on what the lobbyists want, based on what the corporation that hired them wants. It is the entire public and private system that is at fault, not just the government.

Same thing with all the bail-outs happening. It's everyone's fault.

Why do people differentiate between the government and large corporations? They are one in the same.

The government made the rules based on what the lobbyists want, based on what the corporation that hired them wants. It is the entire public and private system that is at fault, not just the government.

Same thing with all the bail-outs happening. It's everyone's fault.

So you're saying you'd rather deal with the devil himself than one of his henchmen? THe government to hold back the lobbyists, sometimes less sometimes more but holdback nonetheless.

It is well know in the US that anything done by the governemt cost twice as much as in the private sector.
Since when? The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other developed country and does not perform any better (sometimes worse). The fact that you can get the best most prompt care IF you can pay for it is not comforting to most.

Last edited:
It is easy to think of what Bill Gates would do for health care based on how we feel about windows.

Now try to imagine what the PC OS would look like if government had taken control of it back in the days of MSDOS ?

Does Bill still look like the worst choice ?

3v0

Look at the mess they ( the government = those we vote for ) made of the internet for example. :)

I say just put anti depressants on the shelf at wall mart! Buy em in coffee can size amounts for $25. :eek:
Just get everyone so medicated out of their rational minds that I can run the country without hassle! :eek:
I will fix everything. Just give me presidential power and the right to shoot anyone going against public improvement on site! I May even hang a few enviro nutter heads on my oval office wall just to remind others of how I stand. Or at least just hang a few environmentalist nuts any way. ;)

Well Okay maybe not. It sounds like to much work and responsibility. Being an American hard work and responsibility are just not my thing. SO someone else do it for me but do it the way I want and for less than what I could do it for myself if I just got off my lazy ass and well... YOU figure it out, I'm tired and am going to go lay down for a bit while I try and figure out why non of my stuff gets done the way I want it too. :rolleyes:

I fully expect that we are getting big brother health care. I also expect to pay more for less and will have to travel further for it, when it is my turn to get it.

Since when? The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other developed country and does not perform any better (sometimes worse). The fact that you can get the best most prompt care IF you can pay for it is not comforting to most.

Only a small percentage of people in the US do not get health care. Some of these are by choice. They refuse to pay for it either with cash or insurance.

To some degree our health car costs more because we pay for much of the health related R&D. I could be wrong about this one but would like to see proof that I am.

The US insurance industry adds over 20% (guess based on cash discounts) to the cost of most everything due to the documentation and other paperwork the require the medical people to do. There are a number of cash only medical clinics in operations that are significantly less expensive for the same quality service.

At breakfast the other day I heard an older person talking about his procedure. It was cheaper to pay cash for the procedure then use his insurance. We are paying for insurance that in some cases will not even cover extra we are charged because we use insurance. It may be an extreme example but it shows the direction and trend of insurance based health care.

3v0

Only a small percentage of people in the US do not get health care
Suppose I break my legs, I can't afford healthcare and there's no one I can sue then what do I in the US?

If I'm ill but don't have enough money to see a doctor, what can I do in the US?

Here in the UK your needs would be assessed and you'll be treated according to them, not how much you can pay. If it's important then you'll be fast-tracked to the front of the queue, if it's not so important, you'll have to wait a little longer.

If I broke my legs, not only would I get them plastered but I would be given a wheelchair.

If I went to see the doctor because I feel ill, if I need it I'd be treated, if not then I'd be turned away.

Look at the mess they ( the government = those we vote for ) made of the internet for example. :)
The Republicans realize that the internet is just a series of tubes! (2:10) :rolleyes:
dknguyen said:
Since when? The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other developed country and does not perform any better (sometimes worse).
Exactly. When you add in the profit margin for the insurance companies, the hospitals, drug companies, etc it becomes a very inefficient system. The free market, for profit system, works very well when the consumer can walk away from a product if the cost is too high. Very difficult to do if you have a broken leg.

If you listen carefully to what he is saying he does not mean tubes in the sense of tubes as replaced by transistors. He is talking about tubes as in pipes which is a workable layman's description of a bandwidth limited network.

kchristie said:
The free market, for profit system, works very well when the consumer can walk away from a product if the cost is too high. Very difficult to do if you have a broken leg.
This makes sense. But will a government run system provide more choice ?

3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back