Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microprocessors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much the PS/2 keyboard is well documented just Google it.
You'll need programming skills mostly. I haven't used the ancient 8085 decades.

You'll need some kind of IO port. I would guess that the 8085 microprocessor kit has one built in that you can use.
The irony of it all is that the keyboard probably has a more powerful microcontroller than the equivalent 8085 microprocessor kit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well without using other ICs aside from the 8085 would be a real skill indeed.
Yes, I agree with that position. The problem was to interface, and I didn't see anything that said I could not use a host controller chip to do the job. You'd still have to come up with the USB host stack in 8085 assembler or maybe PLM(ughhh...) Still a challenge but not impossible. If it was a Z-80 I could probably dig up Leor Zolmans BDS-C compiler and have some chance of porting an existing USB Stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back