Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microphone preamp with phantom power

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhizza

hi
I have a problem of deciding the right IC and the circuit around it for one of my project. Its to do with deisgning and preamp for a dynamic microphone. with phantom power supply high pass filter and LED VU meter. thinking of using INA 103 or INA118 but there is NE5533 as well. got a circuitary from INA103 data sheet. plus which high pass filter I would need? (I think its 2nd order butterworth) should I stick with it as I have only two weeks to finish. any help will be appricaited.

A dynamic mic has a coil and a magnet which generate a signal and does not need a phantom power supply.
A "condenser" mic needs a 48V phantom power supply.

An inexpensive low noise opamp can be used as a preamp or a very expensive intrumentational amplifier can be used instead.
Why do you need a high-pass filter? You don't like low frequencies?

Use an LM3915 or LM3916 for the VU meter.

Actually I just decided on my preamp design I will be using an INA163. now I need a third order 100Hz butterworth filter to go before my line level output. anyone who can help me in that plz..

plus I cannt find microphone in any simulator any idea where can I find it and what else can I use instead of that to simulate..

To simulate a microphone, use a signal generator in series with a resistor having the value of the microphone's impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back