Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip XC8 - MCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Is anybody working with microchips XC8 compilor? I installed & added the MCC plugin.But the old PICs arn't support with this plugin...!!!
PIC12F675,628A,877A etc.... :(

Is anybody working with microchips XC8 compilor? I installed & added the MCC plugin.But the old PICs arn't support with this plugin...!!!

So why not try using devices from this century?. No idea if they are supported or not, but you don't need to use the MCC anyway - and there's far less reason to on the antique devices as the options are so much more limited.

These devices are sooo old there are thousands of code snippets on the web... You really don't need MCC for these... As it happens, I wouldn't use MCC anyway.. I know of a few instances where folk have tripped up... Basically, its too easy to generated code incorrectly, thus making the debug process impossible

These devices are sooo old there are thousands of code snippets on the web... You really don't need MCC for these... As it happens, I wouldn't use MCC anyway.. I know of a few instances where folk have tripped up... Basically, its too easy to generated code incorrectly, thus making the debug process impossible

I tend to use MCC to generate the fuse and option settings, as there's so many confusing settings it's easy to get the oscillator speed wrong :D

And as I mentioned above, this isn't an issue on the really old devices anyway.

Like you said in post 2... All these processors listed by the OP have far superior successor's and far cheaper!!
I know some parts of the world re behind, but the pic12f18xx is even old compared to the latest pic16f183xx for 60 pence...

You dont need MCC for those chips. But as the Newer chip's go MCC is a life saver on setting the chip up.
The older chip's like 12F675,628A,877A you can easily set from the datasheet
some of the newer one 16F1825 just saying in seconds with MCC you be up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back