Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip Website FYI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
No

but I am guessing you are

:shock:
LOL ofcourse I am :lol: , strange is that KeeLoq devices can't be sampled or even bought without signing EULA licence (because of strong AES encryption)...

Yea so much for microchip fixing their samples site. Everyday for the last 2 weeks I've been trying to register but everytime I get sent to an error page. So I've sent an e-mail to them but as usual it fell on deaf ears. Oh I finally noticed microchip have put Oz in the country list so thats why I'm trying to register, so maybe I'll just have to wait another year for it to work.

:? :? :? Bryan :? :? :?

Eh Roboticinfo,
I think ya wrong here especially when it states it's a website error.

Well the e-mail I sent to microchip finally got answered and I'm now registered YAY. :D . Now lets see how long the wait will be to get my samples. So it looks like at this stage microchip will send samples to Oz, I'm keepin my fingers crossed though.

Cheers Bryan :D

I thought they would be coming from the states but if they are coming from asia then I reckon they should be here within a week. Anyway the samples I went for were the 16f877a, 18f4525 and the 16f777. All 40 pin chips but the 18f will be my first foray into the high range chips and an application note on the 16f777 showed a project to run a 3 phase motor with hertz control off single phase so that will be high on my project list.

williB said:
i think ya need more I/O on that 777. :wink: :lol:

What 36 I/O and 3 pwn channels not enough Willi :shock:

bryan1 said:
I thought they would be coming from the states but if they are coming from asia then I reckon they should be here within a week. Anyway the samples I went for were the 16f877a, 18f4525 and the 16f777. All 40 pin chips but the 18f will be my first foray into the high range chips and an application note on the 16f777 showed a project to run a 3 phase motor with hertz control off single phase so that will be high on my project list.

You will love 18Fs once you try them! :p

Hiya Jay,
Yea mate I reckon you'll be right, I'm still learning to use mikroelktronica basic but with the full range of templates it shouldn't be too hard to get this 18f4525 to talk to a CF card for data logging. But with 48K of memory to play with it won't be long before I have to register the software as I've only got the 2k limit to play with. But as I progress with the chips I'll put my projects up on my website for others to enjoy.

Cheers Bryan :lol:

bryan1 said:
Hiya Jay,
Yea mate I reckon you'll be right, I'm still learning to use mikroelktronica basic but with the full range of templates it shouldn't be too hard to get this 18f4525 to talk to a CF card for data logging. But with 48K of memory to play with it won't be long before I have to register the software as I've only got the 2k limit to play with. But as I progress with the chips I'll put my projects up on my website for others to enjoy.

Cheers Bryan :lol:
Cool, also Implement USB support, that would be awesome. 8)

Yay,
The chips turned up today :D . So now it's time to get a bootloader into the 877a and start on my long awaited projects. I must admit the turnaround from ordering the samples to me getting it is outstanding service. Now let's hope other people here in Oz don't stuff it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back