Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lena2383

I am intreseted in building a project with a stepper motor(never used one) to control a satelliate but can't seem to find any info. Do you know where I can Find some info.

franks

lena2383 said:
I am intreseted in building a project with a stepper motor(never used one) to control a satelliate but can't seem to find any info. Do you know where I can Find some info.

I presume you mean a 'satellite dish', rather than a 'satellite'?.

It's normally done by DC motors called 'actuators' or 'jacks', it takes a fair amount of power, and feedback is done in a number of ways - often by pulses generated by a reed switch.

A stepper motor would be far too weak, even if you spent a LOT!! of money on an industrial one - you 'may' be able to get one powerful enough, but I hate to think what it might cost (and what you'd need to control it).

if u mean to make a prototype of a motorized dish positioning system, all u need is to find stepper motor driver circuits and the mechanical structure for holding all the stuff. For the driver circuits, try searching "stepper motor driver circuits" on google etc. u will find a lot of such circuits there.

- Ali Sajjad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…