Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lena2383

I am intreseted in building a project with a stepper motor(never used one) to control a satelliate but can't seem to find any info. Do you know where I can Find some info.

franks
:D

lena2383 said:
I am intreseted in building a project with a stepper motor(never used one) to control a satelliate but can't seem to find any info. Do you know where I can Find some info.

I presume you mean a 'satellite dish', rather than a 'satellite'?.

It's normally done by DC motors called 'actuators' or 'jacks', it takes a fair amount of power, and feedback is done in a number of ways - often by pulses generated by a reed switch.

A stepper motor would be far too weak, even if you spent a LOT!! of money on an industrial one - you 'may' be able to get one powerful enough, but I hate to think what it might cost (and what you'd need to control it).

if u mean to make a prototype of a motorized dish positioning system, all u need is to find stepper motor driver circuits and the mechanical structure for holding all the stuff. For the driver circuits, try searching "stepper motor driver circuits" on google etc. u will find a lot of such circuits there.

- Ali Sajjad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back