Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro SD soldering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrow

Hi

Has anyone tried to solder the Micro SD (also called Trans Flash) to a PCB?

What I am seeing is that on the protoboard in a holder the circuit works fine. But on the PCB with a PIC on the other side of the board, the MicroSD does not work at all.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance.
a.

provide decoupling cap between the power line and ground close to the soldered points and try

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion, but that did not work.
(I have a 68uF cap on the power-ground line, but not near the microSD).
Soldering a 224 cap right onto the mirco SD did not help.

Would you please have any other suggestions?

Thank you
a.

Probably not much help to you?, but if it worked on the breadboard, and it doesn't now, then the most likely reason is a constructional error. Check every single connection goes from where it's supposed to, and doesn't go anywhere it's not - be particulalrly on the lookout for 'invisible' shorts between tracks!.

Hi

I shall recheck all the connections starting next week (after a break)!

However I did manage to get it to work if I solder THICK wires that are LONG. i.e. these wires go from PCB to micro SD. the wires were approximately 5cm long and well off the board.

I then used very thin wires. same setup- it DID NOT work.

Then I soldered these thin wires to a holder of the microSD, and it worked!

So I am pretty sure that at least the rest of the circuit is workign properly. I am really confused as to why things are so not consistent.

Any ideas?
a.

Nice observations-- let us analyze them carefully.

relax-- you get the concept from these findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back