Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro Radio Control (RC) - IR TX / RX circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwdirks

I am looking for help in locating micro radio control IR receiver circuits, to build custom micro indoor airplanes and helicopters. Can anyone point me to links and/or web sites to educate myself on doing this? Current units are expensive and most are too large. I would like to possibly use TV remotes as the transmitter to increase the number of functions.

You can find a number of Ic's on the market that will do what you are wanting. Coupled with an encoder/decoder you can get around 10 inputs/outputs with a single frequency IC.
Microchip
Micrel
Linx ( RF Tranmitter/receiver in single Ic) Digi-Key has them for around $8.00 each. You'll need to add the encoder/decoder to get your coded inputs .
You can also find on there web site the PCB traces you need. There is still alot of work to be done on the systems because they don't just give the info away that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back