Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro Mini Electric Generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

kencando22

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a micro mini electric generator with approximate dimensions of 1" x 1/2" x 1/2" or smaller with an equally small or smaller capacitor. The propeller will be turned by water. The amount of electric output is not critical. I am trying to build a prototype for a patent. Do you know who might have one for sale? You help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

kencando22

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel,

I'm trying to create electricity and not use it. I need a generator or turbine and not a motor. Can you help me find what I'm looking for?

Thanks, kencando22

A pocket battery powered fan, or a dynamo type torch are good donors for such an item, though maybe more like 3/4" dia than 1/2".

Very small DC motors/generators have brushes that soon wear out.

I have some ultra-micro radio-controlled model airplanes. The small ones are propelled with a tiny vibrator or CD tray motor that has brushes that wear out in half an hour to 3 hours running time.
My slightly larger airplane has a brushless motor that is very powerful and keeps on going and going and going and going and going.

Yesterday I was lucky. I flew it and noticed two pretty young ladies sunbathing in the park. They wore only BITS OF TAPE!:D
Of course the distraction caused me to lose sight of the plane so I shut off its throttle.
It was gone. Maybe in a tree or in the river. Then a guy on a bicycle said he saw it spiral into the pathway fairly far away and he brought it to me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back