Micro Mini Electric Generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

kencando22

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a micro mini electric generator with approximate dimensions of 1" x 1/2" x 1/2" or smaller with an equally small or smaller capacitor. The propeller will be turned by water. The amount of electric output is not critical. I am trying to build a prototype for a patent. Do you know who might have one for sale? You help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

kencando22

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess, you are going to install these in everyone's 1/2" water pipes, and solve the world's energy shortage?

Nigel,

I'm trying to create electricity and not use it. I need a generator or turbine and not a motor. Can you help me find what I'm looking for?

Thanks, kencando22

A pocket battery powered fan, or a dynamo type torch are good donors for such an item, though maybe more like 3/4" dia than 1/2".

Very small DC motors/generators have brushes that soon wear out.

I have some ultra-micro radio-controlled model airplanes. The small ones are propelled with a tiny vibrator or CD tray motor that has brushes that wear out in half an hour to 3 hours running time.
My slightly larger airplane has a brushless motor that is very powerful and keeps on going and going and going and going and going.

Yesterday I was lucky. I flew it and noticed two pretty young ladies sunbathing in the park. They wore only BITS OF TAPE!
Of course the distraction caused me to lose sight of the plane so I shut off its throttle.
It was gone. Maybe in a tree or in the river. Then a guy on a bicycle said he saw it spiral into the pathway fairly far away and he brought it to me.

Nigel,

I'm trying to create electricity and not use it. I need a generator or turbine and not a motor. Can you help me find what I'm looking for?

If you don't understand that motors and generators are the same thing, perhaps you shouldn't be getting involved in this?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…