micro fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootuddha

greetings everyone

im looking to build a very small & low power fm transmitter that gets its audio source from a 1/8th headphone jack - a few questions though -->

1) would it be possible to scale it down to such an extent that it would almost fit in a pen top ?

2) would it be possible to power it from the 1/8th jack instead of a battery?

does anyone know of any schematics i can reference which are small enough for my idea ?

Some very small FM transmitters can be found on My website :

EDIT... Web sites are placed in the signature part!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
im very willing to pay anyone who can design a very small fm transmitter that gets its source from a 1/8th jack (ex: portable cd player, mp3 player, walkman etc) it would need 2 to 4 fixed frequencies and a range of around 10-20m - heres the kicker:
it needs to be extremely small, around 2 cm x 3 cm or smaller if possible.

i need the schematics + a few (2) working prototypes and i need it within the next 3 days. must be stable. the audio on the receiving end needs to be crisp & true stereo if possible.

i'll pay a few thousand US $ depending on quality. email me at rootuddha@gmail.com with a phone # where i can call you to get it worked out.

thanks!
james

....paging Desmond Llewelyn.....

sorry could'nt resist, no harm intended.

there are transmitter plans available that use tunnel-diodes, problem being getting the tunnel diodes, most get scooped up by test equipment service people ( Tektronix comes to mind )

do a search for things like " olive FM transmitter, or pico FM transmitter"

something along the lines of this::

**broken link removed**

only instead of the mic a 1/8 plug - i picked up basically the same thing today at a local shop, replaced the electret mic with a 1/8th plug and it worked - but terrible background noise i hate being an amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…