Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootuddha

greetings everyone :)

im looking to build a very small & low power fm transmitter that gets its audio source from a 1/8th headphone jack - a few questions though -->

1) would it be possible to scale it down to such an extent that it would almost fit in a pen top ?

2) would it be possible to power it from the 1/8th jack instead of a battery?

does anyone know of any schematics i can reference which are small enough for my idea ?

Some very small FM transmitters can be found on My website :

EDIT... Web sites are placed in the signature part!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
im very willing to pay anyone who can design a very small fm transmitter that gets its source from a 1/8th jack (ex: portable cd player, mp3 player, walkman etc) it would need 2 to 4 fixed frequencies and a range of around 10-20m - heres the kicker:
it needs to be extremely small, around 2 cm x 3 cm or smaller if possible.

i need the schematics + a few (2) working prototypes and i need it within the next 3 days. must be stable. the audio on the receiving end needs to be crisp & true stereo if possible.

i'll pay a few thousand US $ depending on quality. email me at rootuddha@gmail.com with a phone # where i can call you to get it worked out.

thanks!
james

....paging Desmond Llewelyn.....

sorry could'nt resist, no harm intended.

there are transmitter plans available that use tunnel-diodes, problem being getting the tunnel diodes, most get scooped up by test equipment service people ( Tektronix comes to mind )

do a search for things like " olive FM transmitter, or pico FM transmitter"

something along the lines of this::

**broken link removed**

only instead of the mic a 1/8 plug - i picked up basically the same thing today at a local shop, replaced the electret mic with a 1/8th plug and it worked - but terrible background noise :( i hate being an amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back