Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hello,

What are those pads or hats (I do not know that name) that are use on the microphones?
Maybe they are for noise canceling or for causing the mic to act sororunding?

I call them Mic Muffs. All Aviation headsets have them. Look here, about halfway down the page under Mic Protectors.

The foam covers on microphones reduce noise caused by wind.

And keep spit out of the mic. Aviation noise-cancelling mics must be "close-talked", i.e. less than 1/4" from the lips. Actually, the muffs attenuate some of the "plosives" in speech...

So they do not help to get surround sounds right?

In the bellow pic it seems the mike is put so that its back picks up the reflected waves and so I thought maybe the pad helps to change the waves position so that they go to the mike?

Attachments

• D-EAR1.jpg
    D-EAR1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
The mic is shown pointing away from the dish which is wrong.
The mic should point towards the dish like this:

Attachments

• parabolic mic.PNG
    parabolic mic.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back