Mhz frequency generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
The DDS60 kit mentioned above sounds exactly what you want!.

ya very true.. but you see, the thing is that for my project i need four (atleast three) such transmitters and going by the cost i will be spending $120 for just transmitters!

i need to find out a cheap solution man, i live in a 'developing' country

hey how come i suddely got a red light in my rep ratings???

anyways... as i was surfing through i came across some sites where it was mentioned that the easiest way to convert a square wave into a sine wave is to add a low pass filter.. agreed, as it will just keep the fundamental freq and discard all the odd harmonics. in addition to it they had mentioned some filters - bessel, butterworth and elliptical - each one with some specified octave..
following is the link to one of the pages.. and i have attached one schematic too for easy reference...

**broken link removed**

i am planning to remove the frequecy divider ic and am thinking of giving the crystal oscillator output directly to the filter ic.

what i want to ask is which filter will serve my purpose in the best possible manner and with what configuration if any.. ( have never dealt with filters before ) and also, the particular filter ic given in this schematic is not available in the region i live.. can anyone pls suggest me any other ics with similar functions?

thanks..

( this forum has been of great help to me.. god bless the makers of this forum.. hope this helps in removing the red light.. )

Attachments

• Figure_01.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 156
Perhaps it's because you have appeared to not be listening when people have tried to help you?

Perhaps PLL is a subjet chapter by iteself and it is better to study it in the curriculum and discuss it after study instead of expecting a little more light on PLL.

ujjvalshah said:
so for time being leave out all the legal stuff and pls just guide me to make an oscillator with frequency of anything around 20-50Mhz and the output of which should be a sine/cosine wave..

I doubt any licenced radio operators would be willing help an inexperienced circuit builder build something illegal.

Anyway here's a link to sine wave oscillators.
https://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elect16.htm

Google is your friend, use it.

Infact i am in search of suitable stuff reg oscillators at my 62+ age. Instead of looking worldwide on the web(perhaps you might have not attempted sincerely -sir!), perhaps you may walk into your library where enough stuff is waiting for you. May be, at some stage one has to cook his own food , as rightly pointed out by some one 'don't give a fish, but give info how to fish'

you have eminent lecturers over there to guide you, thro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…