Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mhz frequency generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
The DDS60 kit mentioned above sounds exactly what you want!.

ya very true.. but you see, the thing is that for my project i need four (atleast three) such transmitters and going by the cost i will be spending $120 for just transmitters!

i need to find out a cheap solution man, i live in a 'developing' country :D

hey how come i suddely got a red light in my rep ratings??? :(

anyways... as i was surfing through i came across some sites where it was mentioned that the easiest way to convert a square wave into a sine wave is to add a low pass filter.. agreed, as it will just keep the fundamental freq and discard all the odd harmonics. in addition to it they had mentioned some filters - bessel, butterworth and elliptical - each one with some specified octave..
following is the link to one of the pages.. and i have attached one schematic too for easy reference...

**broken link removed**

i am planning to remove the frequecy divider ic and am thinking of giving the crystal oscillator output directly to the filter ic.

what i want to ask is which filter will serve my purpose in the best possible manner and with what configuration if any.. ( have never dealt with filters before ) and also, the particular filter ic given in this schematic is not available in the region i live.. can anyone pls suggest me any other ics with similar functions?

thanks..

( this forum has been of great help to me.. god bless the makers of this forum.. hope this helps in removing the red light.. :p )

Attachments

• Figure_01.gif
    Figure_01.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 155
Perhaps it's because you have appeared to not be listening when people have tried to help you?

Perhaps PLL is a subjet chapter by iteself and it is better to study it in the curriculum and discuss it after study instead of expecting a little more light on PLL.

ujjvalshah said:
so for time being leave out all the legal stuff and pls just guide me to make an oscillator with frequency of anything around 20-50Mhz and the output of which should be a sine/cosine wave..

I doubt any licenced radio operators would be willing help an inexperienced circuit builder build something illegal.

Anyway here's a link to sine wave oscillators.
https://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elect16.htm

Google is your friend, use it.

Infact i am in search of suitable stuff reg oscillators at my 62+ age. Instead of looking worldwide on the web(perhaps you might have not attempted sincerely -sir!), perhaps you may walk into your library where enough stuff is waiting for you. May be, at some stage one has to cook his own food , as rightly pointed out by some one 'don't give a fish, but give info how to fish'

you have eminent lecturers over there to guide you, thro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back