Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

method to keep pin high in daylight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

been designing this CRITTER RIDDER for awhile now and didn't dawn on me that the PIR will not work in daylight.
By adding a photo transistor to take pin 9 HIGH (18F1320 PIC) durring daylight so the PIR is disabled.
my concern is battery life and is there a better solution?
Going to program the PIC w/ a timer to trigger the unit every 20 minutes but any suggestions on taking pin 9 LOW brifly durring the day.
thought about a diode after the photo transistor? to act as a gate??

Attachments

• Capture6-9-2009-3.30.24 PM.gif
    Capture6-9-2009-3.30.24 PM.gif
    56.3 KB · Views: 188
I have the PIR to trigger from sleep

but it will only work at night.
the photo transistor disables the PIR during daylight.I found it dosn't work during daylight so I need a way to disable the PIR.
there has to be a better way?

yes BUT pin 9mis tied HIGH

and the PIR pulls it LOW
so I need to basically disable pin 9 in daylight and able it at night.
A thought I had was to switch pin 9 to tristate as in the JPUG about charlieplexing LEDs.
As I look at the sample
bsf TRISAB.1
I know its not swordfish basic but maybe I cn figure it out to make pin 9 (B!) open or tristate and have another pin connected to photo transistor thus triggering the PIC
still trying to figure out how to configure a MODULE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back