Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meter with load button and vibrate alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_B

Hello gentlemen,

I have a couple of fluke meters that work quite well and at the same time the environment I work in make it very difficult to hear the beep of a continuity test,which I do a lot, and also sometimes difficult to see the digital display and that started me searching for a meter with a vibrate and/or LED function and couldn't find anything in Fluke but someone pointed me to Duspol which has another function that interested me which is load simulation via a button on the meter.

Anyone familiar with these meters? Are there other alternatives?

Cheers
Kal

Search for Wigginton or Wiggy or Solenoid Meters. They were invented back in 1918 circa.

I also work in a noisy place, manufacturing, I have a cheapo meter that has a useful function, it shows all the lower segments for open and all the upper segments for continuity, sort of a low line for open and a high line for shorted.
I've worked with leccy's that have made their own tester, using a loud piezo buzzer or lamp.

I do a lot of wire tracing say from the rear to the front of an aircraft ( 3meter long bundle of 20 or so wires) in order to crimp the wires into a connector. I just use a Sonalert and an 9V battery. Both battery and Sonalert have alligator clips, so I can put one at one end, and take the other to the opposite end. I can hear the Sonalert even with my head down under the instrument panel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back