Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
alternatively there are memories with parallel inputs and transparent parallel outputs?
is it possible to exploit the signal of inputs 40193 to also control the memory?.
it goes without saying that I use the two "UP / down" inputs (pin 5-4) and then, when the power supply returns, the "LOAD" input (pin 11).

alternatively there are memories with parallel inputs and transparent parallel outputs?
is it possible to exploit the signal of inputs 40193 to also control the memory?.
it goes without saying that I use the two "UP / down" inputs (pin 5-4) and then, when the power supply returns, the "LOAD" input (pin 11).
See post #7

see if there are still some "bubble memory" devices around, they were an early form of NVRAM using magnetic domains. while the power was on, they operated as RAM, if the power failed, they maintained their state.

Can't you use bistable relays with two sets of contacts?

You can use one set for the system outputs and the other set for feedback to the electronics, to capture the state when the device is switched on again.

Sequence the power-on so you generate a load pulse before power is applied to the relay drive circuit, so the counter always restarts at the correct value.

usually they are almost all 2 contacts and for what I have to do I am already used.
i looked for 3 and 4 contacts but the first type is non existent and the second is expensive.

You could use a basic, cheap relay for the two (or more) external outputs, run from one contact on the bistable relay.

That would leave a free contact for re-loading.

Or another thought - if the "load" will always be powered when the logic circuit is, you could use optoisolators to sense power from the output relay contacts and provide the reload data.

there are two 40193s in cascade.
I'm interested in 6 bits.
Is it a battery device or AC device? How long do you expect to be without power when in the off state?

it is not a battery operated device.
how long? .
there is no fixed period.
it can vary from a few days to a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back