Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnetic memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, you're wrong .
the recommended F-ram memory interests me but it takes a circuit that commands it.
A circuit? You mean a microcontroler? How does that meet the design criteria you limited us to in your first post?

The F-ram will work BUT you have to be prepared to design the control logic to drive it. What is the full story of the device that contains this counter that you need to save the contents of ? If we knew that we may be able to find a solution by a different means to saving the contents of your counter.

Les.

Won't 6 relays give you 64 levels with a binary resistor array?
Yes, if he can live with a linear progression. But I don't think that a logarithmic progression (which is what's usually used for audio) could be made to work with a binary array.

But I'm open to the possibility.

a logarithmic scale that uses the binary system doesn't work?
I don't think so. But then again, I've never tried to make one, so I'm not going to say it can't be done.

Do you have a binary stepped circuit with a logarithmic behavior?

I think a motorised potentiometer type volume control would be the simplest solution for the TS as it would stay in the last position selected when powered down. I can't find just the motorised potentiometer part but there are many with the control circuits on ebay.

Les.

Good idea. ALPS linear slide or rotary ones are readily available, eg.

the operating principle is the one in the annex.
the switch contacts shown are those of the relays. the two resistances connected to each contact are calculated to obtain an attenuation in db.
when the outputs of the 2 binary counters are all at zero the switch contacts are all closed and all the resistors are bypassed. on the contrary when the outputs are all high, all the switch contacts are open and all the resistors are used.

Attachments

• logaritmic ladder.jpg
    logaritmic ladder.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back