Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory DDR2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

How is a MEMORY STICK (DDR2/3) made? I can see in plain sight Memory (duh) resistors and a small central ic (8pin)

Are there schematics? I want to make my own. I run across so many memory sticks 1-2 GB of the same type and would love to know why cant i merge them?

Is there a device i can use to conver 2-3 sticks into 1 and place in my PC?

It would be nice to recycle the ones i have. I have 2 512mb laptop memory sticks and would love to be able to make a PCB , i dont care how long it is... to recycle these and the 20-30 others i have

Memory chips are tested (timings) and binned for use on the same stick. Dual and Triple channel kits are tested in the same way. Mixing different memory sticks is therefore never a good idea if you want a stable system. If you could buy a set of memory chips that have been tested in this way (you probably can if you're prepared to buy thousands) and find a schematic then you could probably build your own.

Ah i assumed it would be ok to just get the same ICs and build my own. If i have 2 of the same chips im sure there timing has to be close enough to be ok to merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back