Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mechanical speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa

Hi all I'm new to this site, and i'm very impressed with the knowledge you guys have.
I'm building a R/C model Brede class RNLI lifeboat mainly from scrap materials, and i'm using some old ACOMS R/C gear, the speed controller is mechanical, it works but there is a crack in the oval shaped part on top that is connected to the servo which moves it forward/backward with 3 stages of speed.
I know there are some controllers that can be fitted directly on top of a servo to control direction and speed so i was wondering if any of you guys have a diagram of how one works?.
Can anyone help please?.

You can buy ready made speed controllers (ESC's) from any model shop - you're not going to build one any where near as cheap or as small! - it's NOT really a trivial task. You also won't need the servo, the ESC takes the R/C servo output directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back