Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mechanical control using the digital data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziyad_noel

Hello everyone
I'm wondering About how to control a mechanical hand with digital data..lets take the positioner of a satellite reciever, how it knows its in this place not that, do you understand what i mean.
please provide me with informations about this topic because i don't have any idea about it and in the university we didn't take this topic and we don't have the proper books about it.

Yours
Ziyad
:roll:

Ziyad_noel said:
lets take the positioner of a satellite reciever, how it knows its in this place not that

A sattelite positioner counts pulses returned by the positioning system. For example, every time the motor makes 1 turn, 4pulses are returned, by counting these pulses the controller can calculate where it is in respect to it's previous position and/or a home position.

If you want a more accurate form of movement you could use a servo motor. These motors move in small steps, and every step is of fixed length. So one could move a certain lenght by making a certain amout of steps

thank you very much for your valuable informations...and thanks you for your time. :eek:
yours
Ziyad N.
:roll:

lets take the positioner of a satellite reciever, how it knows its in this place not that

A sattelite positioner counts pulses returned by the positioning system. For example, every time the motor makes 1 turn, 4pulses are returned, by counting these pulses the controller can calculate where it is in respect to it's previous position and/or a home position.

If you want a more accurate form of movement you could use a servo motor. These motors move in small steps, and every step is of fixed length. So one could move a certain lenght by making a certain amout of steps[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back