Mechanical control using the digital data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziyad_noel

Hello everyone
I'm wondering About how to control a mechanical hand with digital data..lets take the positioner of a satellite reciever, how it knows its in this place not that, do you understand what i mean.
please provide me with informations about this topic because i don't have any idea about it and in the university we didn't take this topic and we don't have the proper books about it.

Yours
Ziyad
:roll:

Ziyad_noel said:
lets take the positioner of a satellite reciever, how it knows its in this place not that

A sattelite positioner counts pulses returned by the positioning system. For example, every time the motor makes 1 turn, 4pulses are returned, by counting these pulses the controller can calculate where it is in respect to it's previous position and/or a home position.

If you want a more accurate form of movement you could use a servo motor. These motors move in small steps, and every step is of fixed length. So one could move a certain lenght by making a certain amout of steps

thank you very much for your valuable informations...and thanks you for your time.
yours
Ziyad N.
:roll:

lets take the positioner of a satellite reciever, how it knows its in this place not that

A sattelite positioner counts pulses returned by the positioning system. For example, every time the motor makes 1 turn, 4pulses are returned, by counting these pulses the controller can calculate where it is in respect to it's previous position and/or a home position.

If you want a more accurate form of movement you could use a servo motor. These motors move in small steps, and every step is of fixed length. So one could move a certain lenght by making a certain amout of steps[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…