measuring inductances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaibhav Birit

i want to make inductances in the microhenry range(for HF). How do i measure the values of the inductances, using very simple circuit. I do not want to make a complex circuit for measuring inductance values since i do not want to defocus from my primary aim.
So is there any simple arrangement, which will tell me inductance values, quickly.

You build an oscillator around it, and measure it's output frequency - then calculate the inductance from the capacitance across it.

Another way is to use a Wheatstone bridge and compare it to known accurate values of inductance.

A way comonly used is to use a GDO (Grid Dip Oscillator) to excite the coil (with a capacitor across it), and again calculate the value from the frequency.

In one of the recent ARRL Handbooks is a relatively simple inductance meter adapter for a DVM. I think it's in the 2003 edition. If you look on FAR Circuits website under test equipment you'll see several projects including the one I mentioned.

thanks fredsm
also if anyone is interrested google Maxwell-Wien bridge..
Thanks to The One for this site ..

Have a look at the inductance measurement technique i later found out & used. It worked fine. I used it while making a HF qrp transmitter.

**broken link removed** measurement.html

Please type in the full address. THe "measurement" part seems to be excluded from the web address. Please include it . THere is a space after "Inductance" & then followed by "measurement.html"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…