Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC2100 Treadmill controller incline question

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal

evening folks , been doing some searching & reading & seems like there's some folks here that understand the MC2100 Treadmill controller . I have a pretty simple question I think/hope
can be answered here . like lots of folks I'm trying to repurpose for a lathe . & I would like to use the incline motor for the belt tensioner .from what I think I have figured out is can I use
a on-off-on momentary switch with the center tap going to the black ground next to the red & the other 2 poles going to the orange & yellow to make the motor go up/down , or in/out
depending on how ya think about it
tks
animal

Have you seen the reverse-engineered copy? (Attached).
There are at least four versions of the LM2100 to my knowledge, all with various small differences.
Max.

Attachments

• MC2100_rev_engrd.pdf
    247.4 KB · Views: 132
A word of caution, the input header HD22 connected to the opto inputs via R33 & R34, the HD22 functions for these opto's typically have resistors too low to use with the 12v-14v or even the 5v, so check to see whether another series resistor is required, depending on the voltage you use for control.
Max.

Max thanks for getting back to me .I have a rev.3 board. I got the info I was asking about from here https://www.wolfteck.com/2017/11/24/mc2100-motor-controller-interface/, top of page 3 down . It looks like I would be using the black on HD2 towards the center of the board & then the orange & yellow in the
center of HD2. . One other question , I seem to remember readin a year or so back & I think the post was from you about something weird with the chassis
ground on the 2100's ? does that sound right ?
thanks
animal

Not sure about that, but the aluminum chassis is normally connected to ground.
If interfacing to the HD2 connections, you can either use the 12v-16v or the 5v, either way ensure you have a suitable series resistor based on the existing one to pin 1 of the TD3043. maximum current 50ma.
Use another in series if necessary to keep the current below the 50ma.
This is what I had to do for the PWM add on board.
Max,

thanks , is there a wiki or tutorial you know of that will explain that process ? I'm just starting in electronics at 63 so I'm a bit slow
animal

Essentially you decide what voltage you want to use for the input voltage and size a series resistor so that the current will be less than 50ma.
I will check two of the versions I have here tomorrow and see it it jives with the schematic.
Max..

I had never really studied the incline circuit, but the one's I have on hand use a MOC3063 opto for input which is essentially the same as the one shown on the print, which is a TD3043.
One model I tested has 7.5ohms the other 22ohms input resistor for the opto IC.
It also seems that the way it is designed, the incline UP has to be taken to a +ve voltage and the incline DOWN to GND in order to raise, and the opposite to lower.
So first you have to find out the resistors fitted to your model, measure from pin 1 of each MOC to pin 5 & 6 of HD2 .
Then calculate the total value needed to stay under 50ma.
It would seem that each resistor is placed in series if the UP/DOWN switches are wire as above.
So this series arangement will affect the calculation for any more resistance needed.
I think I would decide on the higher voltage in order not to load the 5v.
Measure from pin 1 to pin 2 on HD2 to find the higher voltage value on your board.
Max.

Last edited:
BTW Just confirmed that it is necessary to take the DWN to COMMOn or GND and the Raise to a +DC voltage for the raise to operate, and vice-versa.
Max.

so , yellow to ground for incline down & orange to a + 5 to raise . I hope to have a chance this weekend to look into the resistor requirement . been working on motor mounts for this project . metal & aluminum I can do without thinkin . the electronic's is new ground
tks
animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back