Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC and LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Nabil

Hi every one I need help
I am using 89c51 microcontroller and I connect an LCD 2 lines, 5*7 matrix with the MC but the problem is I can write only on the first line but I can't write on the second line.
I am using the code (Mov A, C0) but the assembler keeps saying that this command is valid!!!
So can anyone help me PLZ PLZ

Peter Nabil said:
Hi every one I need help
I am using 89c51 microcontroller and I connect an LCD 2 lines, 5*7 matrix with the MC but the problem is I can write only on the first line but I can't write on the second line.
I am using the code (Mov A, C0) but the assembler keeps saying that this command is valid!!!
So can anyone help me PLZ PLZ
If you can speak Czech, try:
https://elektronika.kvalitne.cz/ATMEL/necoteorie/LCDmatice.html

dear Jay.slovak

dear Jay.slovak
thx for your suppoert but really i can`t read this language :oops: so if u have some thing in english that would be great

Re: dear Jay.slovak

Peter Nabil said:
dear Jay.slovak
thx for your suppoert but really i can`t read this language :oops: so if u have some thing in english that would be great
Oh, sorry, I thought you are Czech :oops: . Your name sounds like you speak Czech or Slovak...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

So how are you sending Data to the 2nd Line of the LCD? Dont forget that 2nd line starts at address 40H. If you are just sending data to the 1st line don't expect that after you have reached the end of 1st line, it will automaticaly start at 2nd line. Also keep in mind that LCDs have to be initialized prior to use...

Re: dear Jay.slovak

Jay.slovak said:
So how are you sending Data to the 2nd Line of the LCD?
i am sending the data to the second line by writing C0 command ,

i've changed the code from C0 to 40 H as you told me joseph , it works with the assembler but i still don't know is this will work or not?!
i need a program to simulate the lcd :?
if you know a program to simulate the assembly code that would be gr8,
thanks jay slovak, thanks joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back